5 year mushroom foraging permit for South Carolina, Gerogia and Code 13 Approved States.
This permit will allow for sale of wild foraged mushrooms in the State of South Carolina and Georgia.
Signups will receive a study guide and slides 1 week ahead of the class.
Limited to 50 people, and no refunds will be available for this event.
Cheezam Education Center - Clemson, SC
9 am - 5 pm Saturday and Sunday
us in Clemson, SC for this rewarding permit class. This class will accommodate up to
50 attendees, right about when the chanterelles start fruiting. Mushroom Mountain has
reserved the Cheezam Education Center for the weekend, and will also have an amazing kitchen, where you can cook your lunch. Smoking and pets are not permitted under any circumstances.
Taught personally by Tradd Cotter, authorized DHEC and GADPH Mushroom Hunting Instructor.
This permit may be valid in other states that have adopted a Code 13 policy, your state will need to contact us to evaluate and approve this permit for your state’s food safety authority.
According to state law, wild foraged mushrooms species must be individually inspected and found to be safe by an approved mushroom identification expert that:
(A) Has met the requirements of knowledge and passed an exam and
(B) Will harvest only those mushrooms species listed below:
- Pink Chanterelles (Cantharellus cinnabarinus)
Golden Chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius, C.lateritius, C. Appalachiensis)
- Yellow Morel (Morchella esculenta)
Tulip Morel (Morchella deliciosa)
Black morel (Morchella elata)
- Black Trumpet (Craterellus fallax)
- Lobster (Hypomyces lactifluorum)
Wood Ears (Auricula auricularia, A. Fuscosuccinea)
- Chicken of the Woods (Laetiporus sulphureus, L.cincinnatus, L.perscinus)
- Beefsteak (Fistulina hepatica)
- Hedgehog (Hydnum repandum)
- Lions Mane or Pom Pom (Hericium erinaceus, H.ramosum)
- White Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus, P. pulmonarius, P. populinus, P. floridanus)
- Cauliflower (Sparassis crispa, S.herbstii, S.spathulata)
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa)
- Blewits (Clitocybe nuda)
- Honey (Armillaria ostoyae, A.mellea, A.tabescens)
Blue Milky (Lactarius indigo)
- Golden Milkies (Lactarius corrugis, L.volemus)
Pecan Truffle (Tuber lyonii)