Join us at Mushroom Mountain for a workshop using mycelium bricks to construct a wood fired, cob pizza oven! Mycelium bricks are cutting-edge appropriate technology being developed by Mushroom Mountain. We are pioneering mycelium bricks as a structurally sound, insulating, fire-resistant, superior natural building construction material.
When: April 20, 2019 - 9am-3pm
Where: Mushroom Mountain, 200 Finley Rd. Easley, SC
In this workshop participants will:
1. Explore many concepts behind mycelium building materials.
2. Gain experience with natural building methods including cob, earthen plaster, masonry, and mycelium bricks.
3. Obtain premier access to Mushroom Mountain for all things Fungi.
4. Take home information to support new opportunities in natural building design, or mycelium based business.
5. Have fun getting hands on with your local community!
Please RSVP with at least one weeks notice to reserve your space. Additional information: Plan for cold weather and dress appropriately! Water and snack will be available. Arrival details available upon enrollment.
Instructor Profile: Everest Holmes of Eagle Rock Farm will lead the Future of Fungi Construction Workshop in partnership with Mushroom Mountain. He brings excitement and inspiration as well as eight years of natural building experience to workshops. With a BA degree in Outdoor Leadership from Warren Wilson College, he employs interpersonal and technical skills to impart concise and detailed information to workshop participants. Everest built the first code-permitted Straw Bale Home Buncombe County, NC, is a producer of gourmet mushrooms and bamboo. He also operates a Re-Wilding Experience on Airbnb at Eagle Rock Farm, and looks forward to meeting other’s interested in environmental sustainability and help them achieve their natural building ambitions!