Jack O’Lantern – (Omphalotus olearius)

Jack O Lanterns are bioluminescent mushrooms that possess the ability to produce Luciferase, a enzyme responsible for the glowing gills, which is an ATP / Phosporylation pathway. This pathway can be useful for studying the effects of chemical pollutants, organophosphate runoff from herbicides and fertilizers, and other naturally or man-made compounds. We use this mushroom and culture to produce novel antibiotics and for mycoremediation experiments. POISONOUS, NOT FOR CONSUMPTION, ORNAMENTAL ONLY. Excellent for nature trails and just a beautiful mushroom to be admired, and viewed in the dark!
Edibility and TastePOISONOUS – NOT EDIBLE
Grows OnHardwood Logs, Buried
Fruiting Temps60-70F
AvailabilityYear-Round
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Shopping cart

Subtotal
Shipping and discount codes are added at checkout.
Checkout