Your Favorite Shiitake Ramen
- 1/2 cup of shiitake mushrooms – stems removed and sliced (if using dried save your soaking liquid to use in your ramen to add a depth of flavor
- 3 garlic cloves cut into thirds
- Fresh thyme and butter
- ½ each of different colored peppers- julienned
- 1 scallion sliced into 1 1/2 inch strips and sliced thin
- 1 soft boiled egg
- Any great veggies that you want to throw in
- Get your skillet hot then add your oil, butter, mushrooms, garlic & thyme. Make sure to not overcrowd your pan because you want them to brown. Cook thoroughly and season with salt and pepper
- Prepare your ramen according to instructions (if I am using dried mushrooms I always save my soaking liquid to cook my ramen in).
- Place your ramen in a bowl and add in all other ingredients and enjoy!!